All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Passing Years....

Today is January 14, 2014. That date may not hold a lot of significance for most people, but for me it is a day to stay home, reflect, pray and remember. It is a day of pain and hope for the future.

Three years ago on January 14, 2014, Honey was admitted to the hospital after a breakdown. Whether intentional or not, he nearly died that night and I made a flying trip in the middle of the night to be by his side. What an awful, scary night. The not knowing, the praying, the crying....Honey spent a week in the hospital facing his deepest darkest fears. He was able to conquer some of his demons and face who he was. Even though it was a dark night, it was a turning point and he is well on his way to healing. Thank the Lord!

"Though he stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand."
Psalm 37:24





Moving back, 5 years ago on January 14, 2009 my dear sweet Mama passed away. After a long fight with many illness, her body wasted and her breathing labored, Mama slipped away to our Lord's arms where she can be healthy and happy. She can walk among the flowers and laugh with her sister. I miss her dearly and long for the day when I will see her again, but I know she is not in pain any more and that brings a measure of relief. As much as I want her here, I would never want her to come back to this earth with her old body. 

"That everyone who believes in Him shall have eternal life"
John 3:15



Then one year prior, January 14, 2008, my wonderful Grandma passed away. She too was battling illness, bone cancer, and was in great pain so the passing was near a relief. I miss her so and am eternally grateful to have had my beloved grandmother well into my 30's. Not so many are as lucky. 

"I tell you the truth, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death."
John 8:51







So today, I remember my mother and grandmother and praise God for the saving of Honey. May the two rest in peace and the other live happily ever after....

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
Matthew 11:28

"For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows."
2 Corinthians 1:5

"Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord."
Psalm 31:24

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."
1 Peter 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila