All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Depression....

 
Hi There....Welcome.....I hope things in your world are bright and sunshiny! I wish that for everyone, however, I know that there are people out there who don't have a sunshiny world. Those who suffer from depression feel that their world is a deep pit of despair with no way out. I know this because one of the people I hold dearest in the entire world suffers from depression and right now is in one of the deepest, darkest bottomless pits I have ever seen them descend into.

I want to reach out to them and tell them that all will be well, and I have, many time! To them however, they just can't see how it can be. Everything is so overwhelming that they cannot get out of bed. For them there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I suggested medication and that route is being explored, however it takes quite some time before the medicine will take effect, and then there are side effects and dosing issues. In the meantime, the darkness continues to spread throughout their life, contacting and in many cases, swallowing everything in its path.

I see rifts in our relationship because of this illness and I don't want them to be there. I want to shake this person and tell them to snap out of it, even though I know that they cannot. I want to cry, to scream, to beg this disease to go away. I pray and pray and pray for them. I miss my friend deeply and so want them to come back to being the person that I adore.

I know that they want it too and are trying their best to over come and return to the land of the living. It is so hard to just sit by while they go through this. How can I best help my friend? Where do I start?


What I am Thankful for Today:
Sunshine
Friends
God
Prayer

Who I am Praying for Today
My friend suffering from depression
My friend and his family who received the cancer diagnosis
My children, and their continued health and growth and wisdom.
My Dad as he faces his brother's funeral
Safe Travels for all of us this weekend as we go to Minneapolis for the funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila