All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Craft Table....

Hi There!! I am so glad to see you! A visit with friends always brightens my day! Grab a cup of tea and sit down for a visit! :)

So I am sitting here at work, drifting through several blogs, looking at several crafts that my friends and fellow bloggers have on their craft tables and in their sewing baskets and I long for the day when I can get back to my crafts. My quilting fabric is calling my name and my sewing machine nearly jumps out at me when I walk by, begging me to come and sit awhile and listen to the theraputic whir as I stitch together the blocks of a quilt, watching it come to life under my fingertips. I have been browsing the quilting magazines piling up on my dresser of fabric and contemplating a purge so I know exactly what I have in my stash!

My life is so hectic right now that some things have to give. Unfortunately for me, that is my crafting and quilting. I really do miss it and need to find a way to get back to it. It is my stress reliever and my therapy! A day at the quilt shop with my bestie is far cheaper and better therapy than any doctor or drug can be! I also know that now is the time to pass the skills I have on to my daughter. She is 9 and has inherited her great-grandmother's sewing machine. She begs to use it and to learn to sew. Now is the time I need to teach her. Not only that but wonderful bonding occurs at the crafting table!

Lord help me to find the time to pass these wonderful past-times on to her and let me find the time to get back to myself!

What therapy do you turn to when life starts to get to busy and threatens to overwhelm you? 

What I am Grateful for Today:
My awesome adorable kids!
Sunshine
Fabric and Quilt Shops
Family ties
That I have a job

Who/What I am Praying for today:
My dear friend and his family as they deal with his mother's diagnosis of cancer
That the speed bumps of a relationship can be worked through
That I make more time for me (through crafting/quilting/reading/whatever....)
Help working toward my dreams
My family and friends

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila