All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Memories...

Hi there! Have you ever had such a great weekend that Monday morning was a complete shock to the system? WOW! I really didn't want this last weekend to end! While there were moments of it that were less than stellar, like a sick boyfriend and a funeral, for the most part, it was fantastic!


Paul (my honey) lives 2 hours south of me and my kids' dad (Chris) lives 3 hours north of me. While not the most ideal situation, we do manage the best we can. With the kids busy in school, it makes for some interesting scheduling! This weekend Matt had to play a half time show for the football game on Friday night and because it was the biggest rivalry in the conference, requested to stay for the rest of the game. His dad understood and we made arrangements to take the kids to him on Sat. morning. Normally we meet half way, but my Uncle's funeral was near his house, we just drove them up to him. Hopefully he can repay the favor some day! Not holding my breath, but one can hope right? Paul was sick on Friday night so got up at 4:30 Sat. morning and drove the 2 hours to my house to get into my vehicle to drive the 3 hours up to Minneapolis!

We dropped the kids off with my ex (Chris) and checked into the motel. After a bite to eat, we went on to the funeral. It was lovely to see so many relatives that I don't get to see often, even if for a sad occasion. Uncle Harold was 90 years old and had suffered through several bouts of cancer, the latest being Prostrate Cancer. He was in a lot of pain and missed his beloved wife terribly. She passed nearly 2 years ago.

Well, after the funeral, Paul and I went to the Mall of America! I haven't been there in over six years and was excited to go back! We stayed til late and ate dinner at Ruby Tuesdays! Yummy!! Steak, potatoes and tiramasu!! Mmmmm...my favorite! :)

I think I have to have the most indulgent boyfriend in the entire world! Sunday he took me to JoAnn Fabrics and walked with me while I searched every aisle for just the right item! I stocked up on paper maiche christmas ornaments for Hailey's gifts and some Christmas fabric. Then I found the photo boxes on sale 2 for $5! Of course I had to have them, along with some scrapbook items for the kids' books!




Then it was off to lunch with my awesome friend Tracie! I haven't seen her in 6 years and it was as if not a day had passed! We cried when we saw each other and we cried when we had to leave! I miss her so much! She was one of the few friends I had when I lived in the Twin Cities and was there for me through one of the worst times in my life!

After lunch, Paul and I snuck over to the quilt shop! One of my favorite places in the world (along with the bookstore)! I had a hard time deciding on something, so I bought several somethings and 2 hours and $100 lighter in the pocketbook I was finally done. I am so excited to get home from work tonight and dust off my sewing machine! It has been screaming my name for some time and tonight I finally get to succumb to the passion that comes with my quilting! For me, it is therapy! Listening to the whir of the machine soothes me. Standing there mindlessly pressing blocks is better than any drug! I can't wait!! And I just found out my bestie, Lori may be coming to join us! 

I will post pictures as soon as I have them! :) Until later.......

What I am Thankful For:
Visiting with Family I don't see often
Seeing a friend after a very long absence
Browsing (and buying) in a quilt shop
An indulgent Boyfriend
Spectacular kids!
My job
Warm temperatures in October! (Nearly 80 in Wisconsin on 11 Oct? Unheard of!)
Walking with friends
Goals

Who I am Praying for:
My friend with depression (though they seem to be doing better the last few days)
My friend with the  twisted intestine
My friend who's mom has cancer
My cousin as she sorts out her life and gets back on the right track
My dad
My kids of course, always, every day, several times a day

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila