All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Sunday, January 10, 2010

End to a Wonderful Weekend


What a fantastic weekend! It was bitterly cold outside, but we managed to get out and have some fun. Matt spent most of the weekend with one of his buddies so it was mostly a girl weekend.

Hailey and I went for breakfast with my aunt and cousin on Saturday morning. It was real nice to see them both. We haven't seen either of them since Christmas!

After breakfast, Hailey and I went home and pulled out the sewing machines. With my school and work, I don't get as much of a chance to work on my quilts as I want to and Hailey has been begging me to teach her to sew. And sew we did.








She worked so very hard on the quilt for her doll! She almost has it done! Can you even believe that this is her first attempt? She had never used a sewing machine before! She said she thinks its in her blood! Ha ha!!

Here is the project I have been working on! It is a baby quilt and I found the bugs so adorably cute!! I can't wait to see the finished work!!!


 
 
After Church today we came home and worked on our projects again. It was a wonderful way to spend the weekend with my daughter.

On Saturday night, Paul and I went out to dinner with some of the people he is training with. It was a very nice evening!

All in all, a terrific weekend!

What I am Thankful For Today:
- safe kids
- a touching sermon at church
- time to work on a quilt
- dinner out with Paul
- my favorite show - Extreme Home Makeover

Who I am Praying For Today:
- My kids
- My family
- Paul
- Friends returning Home
- Friends son who was hit by an IED last week
- Friends son who fell through the ice last week


1 comment:

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila