All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Bittersweet Day

Hello, I'm glad you stopped by. You are catching me on a very bittersweet day. As the one year anniversary of my mother's death, I am very sad tonight. I can't even think about where I was 1 year ago right now. My mother was my best friend and my hero. I looked up to her and admired her. I strive every day to become more like her. Her death left a gaping whole in my life and in my heart .

I love this picture of her. She is wearing her favorite sweater and loving life. I miss her very much.

Not only is today the 1 year anniversary of her death, it is the 2  year anniversary of HER mother's death, my grandmother. They died exactly 1 year apart. I am not a superstitious person by nature, but today left me a little leary, wondering if it was going to be 3 generations in 3 years. I didn't honestly believe it, but it makes me want to stay up til midnight, just to be sure. I guess, though, if it is my time, I won't be able to stop it asleep OR awake.

On a brighter note, our friends are safely on American soil after a year long deployment. I am so thankful for their safe return. I will be glad to see them and sit down and have a good long cluck fest!! :) I sure have missed them!

We have also had a promising report from Walter Reed Medical Center on our friends' son. He is responsive and can acknowledge that his parents are present. He is blinking his eyes and nodding his head to answer questions and there has been movement in his feet. I pray the Lord's healing hands on him and that He hold this family in the palm of his hands, strengthening them and carrying them through this terrible time!

So, as I have said, it has been a somewhat bittersweet day today. I think I am ready for bed. I am glad that this milestone has passed. I think that maybe I can do a little healing now, maybe move past this somehow. I have lived through all the "firsts" without her, hard as they were. Now I have to adjust to my new "normal"

God heals, not only bodies, but hearts. I pray his healing on all who need it.

Good night my dear friend.

Today I am Thankful For:
- Life
- My Children
- Paul
- My friends and family
- Warm weather in January
- a comfortable bed after a difficult day

Who or What I am Praying for Today:
- My family as we pass this milestone in our lives
- My children that they grow healthy and strong and wise
- Paul, that he may have peace and happiness in his life
- My friends as they return from deployment
- Nicholas and his family as he recovers from his injuries
- Safe Travels for me and my children this weekend
- For Healing











1 comment:

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila