All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Monday, January 4, 2010

An Introduction


Hello! Welcome to my Blog! As the first post in my blog, I shall attempt to introduce myself! My name is Sheila. I live in the upper Midwest with my two children, Matt and Hailey. Matt is 14 and in high school. There are days that being the parent of a teenagers is the most trying job in the world. Matt plays football and wants to join the golf team in the spring. He also plays the tenor saxaphone. He is in concert band, pep band, jazz band and marching band. Hailey is 9 and a complete diva already. She is almost as involved as her brother. She is in the girl scouts and also takes 3 different types of dance lessons, ballet, tap and jazz. They both have huge hearts and unfortunately have to deal with being the children of divorce.

I also live with my cat, Jynx. He is a funny fellow, with a personality that you can't help but love. His favorite things to do are to sleep and to try to get attention. He is a big fat lump of loving!

I have a wonderful boyfriend, Paul, whom I love very much. Unfortunately, he lives 2 hours away from me and much of our time together falls on the weekends, and then only the ones he doesn't work. He is a 22 year veteran of the military and still serves in the National Guard. I'm proud of who he is and what he does. There is just seeing him in uniform that makes my heart swell with pride.

I love to read, quilt/sew/craft, scrapbook and write. I like to try new recipe and redecorate my house. I am also a part-time student finishing my degree. I can't wait to have it over, but am having so much fun while I am doing it. Next semester I have Comp & Lit and The American West history class. I have a busy life, but I am doing my best to enjoy every minute.

There is always a lot going on in my life! I am always looking for new friends. Stop on by, share a cup of tea and let's chat for awhile!

What I am Thankful for Today:
-
Having wonderful happy healthy kids
- Time with Paul
- Taking down the Christmas decorations for another year
- a working furnace (-26 below windchills tonight)
- family

Who I am Praying for Today:
-
My kids
- Paul
- Soldiers over seas
- Friends as they return from deployment

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila