All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Monday Determination




This morning I slept late. I swore I wouldn't do that. Get Princess Pea up for school and then snuggle back into the nest of my bed. Down mattress topper, soft and formed to my body, pillows plump and blankets warm. I promised myself that I wouldn't give in to that temptation. I would rise at the same time, get Princess off to school and then take on the household. I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom and now I have the chance. I don't want to waste it on sleep!  But this morning, I was tired. I didn't sleep well. My body ached. I didn't want to face the day. I used every excuse and snuggled back in, only to sleep until nearly 11. So much for that promise! 

Good thing every day is a new day. Every day is a chance to start over. Even if that day starts at 11 AM! So I dug in and renewed my promise to myself that I would be productive in these precious days off. That I would set goals and accomplish them in this unexpected opportunity. 

So I turned my radio station to the local Christian station and turned my mind to God. I read my favorite blogs which helped boost my spirit and scanned Pinterest for new ideas for house and home. I worked on cleaning, laundry and home management, all the while thanking God for this opportunity.  I am so glad that God doesn't forget His promises, or sleep late, or procrastinate. I am thankful and humble that no matter what, His promises stand and I can lean on them when I fall. 

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. he is patient with you."
2 Peter 3:9

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."
Hebrews 10:23

""God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Dos he promise and not fulfill?"
Numbers 23:19

So today may have started later than I wanted, but I can still move forward and do what I promised myself I would. Honey ran off to the University he will be attending to get books. Princess Pea is at school and Cookie is downstairs with his "brother" Michael watching a movie. I am working on organization, one of my top priorities.  On my favorite blog, the author addressed this very topic and offered some free printables  that I took advantage of. I will be making a "Master To-Do" List over the next day or two, listing all projects in the house that I would like to get done.  

So, I am off to accomplish an item or two before a meeting at school and then dance lessons. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila