All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The worst has passed...

Well my Dear Friends,

Unlike the rest of the nation, or at least the Midwest, we seem to have escaped the major wrath of the storm! We received maybe 5 inches of snow and there was blowing and drifting, but not major snowfalls (5 inches is nothing in WI) and thankfully no ice, sleet or power outages in my area. The kids are off school today, but it is the first snow day this year (unusually late for where we live!) I made it into work today with only minor episodes of busting through snow drifts! Glad I have a 4-wheel drive Jeep!

On another note, I took little Miss to the eye doctor yesterday to pick up her very first pair of glasses. They are a shiny purple and she looks absolutely adorable in them! She was very excited for them couldn't wait to get them! I am glad she is so excited, it means she will wear them without having to be asked. She only needs them for distance (chalkboard, whiteboard, tv, etc) so its not an all the time thing.

An update on my friend battling depression: Definitely seeing improvement! Meds have been taken on time. Has been exercising every day to release those endorphins. Has been to work every day since being released from the hospital (huge deal! hasn't worked a 5 day work week since Sept.!) Has really been working on communication with those closest to them. Sending lots of prayers that this road to recovery is all up hill and that there are no relapses!  Would appreciate your prayers as well!

Well, back to work here now! Thinking of you all and hoping that you are safe and warm!

What I am Thankful for:
Warm, safe shelter
A good vehicle to get me to work
All of my loved ones are safe from the storm
Blue Sunshiny Skies
Having a job

Who/What I am Praying for:
My friend battling depression
Everyone in the midst of this blizzard, those with no power, no heat, no homes
My friend and cousin as they travel south on their "road trip"
My children, that God may hold them and guide them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila