All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Friday, May 20, 2011

As promised....flower beds!

Well, the children and I spent last night working at creating beautiful flower beds where before there was only chaos! There used to be a flower bed at one point, but it has become completely overgrown, the edging is all gone and it has basically gone back to a very weedy part of the lawn. I have attempted over the last years to add some things to it to get it to look like something resembling a flower bed, but it never quite worked. So now, I splurged on some edging, black plastic and mulch. If anything it will cover and kill the weeds. I have some lilies growing, along with Black-eyed Susans, chives, hens and chicks and hostas. Once the beds have been created and filled with mulch, I plan on adding more perennials and annuals. I am also going to get shepards hooks for bird feeders and cute little garden statues! My Amish built shed will be here on Monday, so I will have a hiding spot for all the things hanging out on my deck right now!

And now, as promised, "BEFORE" pictures....





No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila