All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Friday, May 13, 2011

Gardening and weekend plans!

Well My Dear Friends, it will be a busy weekend indeed! I have gotten my garden supplies home and ready to go. I dug out and replanted a bush that needed to be moved and have started cleaning out the bed around my tree where the tulips are growing! And I am so excited that my dad has offered to bring his tiller up and use that in the flower bed and garden instead of hand digging it all! (My son and my arms and back thank him very much!) Now all I have to do is find the time to work on it! They are calling for rain throughout the weekend too, so it will most likely have to wait til next week.



In the meantime, my shed from the Amish should be done soon. They called from the neighbors and wanted to me to stop in to make delivery arrangements! I am so excited! Not only does it mean  more storage for me, but also a clothes line! In the trailer park they have to be retractable, so I can attach one end to the shed and the other to the deck! :) I am sooo excited! This shed also means more organization and cleanliness to the yard.

Again, all of this will have to wait til after the weekend! It is really going to be a busy one! Our little town has their festival this weekend! The town was founded by Norwegians (which most of the residents still are today) so we celebrate Syttende Mai, which is Seventeenth of May, or Norwegian Constitution Day. There are so many things happening this weekend and me and the kids are involved in many activities.



Cookie Monster's high school jazz band has a performance at the church on Sunday before the parade and then the marching band is in the parade.



Princess Pea is in the Norwegian  Dance group and will have 2 performances and will also be in the parade. Also her girl scout troop will lead the Kiddie Parade on Saturday! She will actually be in the parade twice as her Dance Studio has an entry as well and she is hoping to make it through the parade with them as well!



I will also be busy. Besides shuffling kids where they need to be, the high school band and band parents association work various booths throughout the festival to raise money for the kids' activities. The band usually takes a trip or two and this puts money into the kids' accounts.  Cookie Monster will be working at various booths over the weekend and so will I. Every little bit helps. The band is researching a trip to Norway in the summer of 2013, so we are working hard to get enough money in his account so he can go!

Besides the various festival activities and gardening fun, there is always the usual housework and laundry to be done as well. I think I may need to come back to work on Monday to rest up!

What are all of my bloggy friends up to this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila