All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Brad...

Hello Dear Friends,

I know I have been making myself scarce lately and am working on fixing that but it seems as though one thing piles on top of the other and by the time I go to sit down and blog it is going on 11 PM, much to late to start anything.

One of the things that has taken precedence this week is a sudden and tragic death of a family friend. My sister-in-law's family and mine have been intertwined for many years (like 50). Her aunt and my mother were best friends in high school. Then to have their children marry, well that cemented a relationship among all of us. Unfortunately, those ties lead us to the sadness I have today. My sister-in-law's nephew, Brad, was killed early Sunday morning in a traffic accident at the age of 25.

We have spent much time with Brad over the years, watching him as he grew from a mere infant at my brother's wedding to a teenager graduating from high school to a young man with a son of his own. His loss is having a ripple effect throughout their family and my own. It is a tragic loss and saddens my heart to no end. His son, Gabe (4), will have no memories of his father and will not understand this at all (like any of us do??).

While Brad is no longer among us, I am thankful to say that he will live on, as his wife and parents agreed to donate all usable organs. I am also thankful to say that this accident was simply that, an accident. There were no alcohol or drugs involved. This knowledge helps me know that it was simply Brad's time to go home and join his loved ones in Heaven.

While we cannot understand the loss of one who had barely begun to live, we can rest in peace in the Word of God.

"The Lord will hear your crying and he will comfort you. 
When he hears you, he will help you." Isaiah 30:19 NCV

“The Lord is near to the broken-hearted, 
and saves the crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18(NRSV)

“Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, 
and the life: he that believeth in me, 
though he were dead, yet shall he live. 
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.”  John 11:25-26 (KNV)

And with those comforting words, I will leave you now. May God Bless each and every one of you. May he shower you with his protection, love and peace.....

Yours in Christ,
Sheila

2 comments:

  1. Your beautiful mother is holding Brad and taking care of him. He is in good hands. Believe that.
    I love you and will keep you and all of your loved ones in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anna, it means much to me knowing that I am covered by the prayers of others. So sorry I wasn't able to see you last weekend. We are talking of a reunion here in Wisconsin next summer. Will you please come? I miss you so!!

    ReplyDelete

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila