All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Return...

Hello Everyone,

I am so sorry for my extended absence on my blog. I love to write here but sometimes life takes over and there just isn't time for everything!

So, what's going on over here in my neck of the woods?  Well, let's see...

My new semester started in school a couple weeks ago. I am having a tough time going because it really isn't what I want to be doing right now, but I cannot afford the student loan payments right now. I am paying on them every month, trying to get them down to a more manageable level, but until that happens, I have to keep going to school. This semester will be really challenging as I am working on a large academic research project. It is taking 2 semesters to complete and will be a huge focus for me the next 14 weeks. I will also be adding a 7 week class in Mid-March on the Principles of Christian Theology. I am really looking forward to that class.

The Cookie Monster is busy as well. Pep band plays several nights a week and he wouldn't miss it for the world! He also made the Dorian Festival this year. Dorian is held at Luther College in Iowa and it consists of hundreds of band students from across the Midwest. Band members are nominated by their band director. It is 2 days of practicing as ensembles and as a full band culminating in a concert. I aim so proud of him! It is an honor to be nominated and selected! He also made Honor's Band this year. All this as only a Junior!

And as for Princess Pea, I can hardly keep up with her! She takes 4 dance lessons a week and will be adding 2 more next week. She is in Hobby Club after school 2 days a week. Every day in Hobby Club, they are taught a new hobby. These can incude anything from sledding to baking to knitting to model rockets.  She also has Girl Scouts one night a month!! And to top it all off, tomorrow is her birthday! So of course we have to find time for Birthday Parties!!

My Sweet Honey is busy as well! He will be retiring out of the National Guard at the end of February. He is ok with the change in his life circumstances as it will allow him to finally pursue his dreams of finishing school himself! And the best part is that he has been accepted to a college that is near me! We will finally be living close together!

We have decided at this time to not move in together. We feel that maintaining separate households for now is what is best for our children. There are a lot of issues involved and a lot of thought and discussion went into our decision.

So now that I have gotten all caught up, what is going on with everyone else?

2 comments:

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila