All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Monday, August 27, 2012

Monday Morning...

Good Monday Morning my Lovlies....

What a gorgeous shout of summer we are having here in the midwest! It is a beautiful sunny day, with temps in the mid to upper 80s! While I love my job, it's days like today that I wish I could be home. I have this big beautiful yard that is crying out for a loving touch. It has been neglected and had only the bare minimum done for so long. My dad isn't able to do much yardwork these days other than ride the lawn mower. I'm looking forward to cleaning out some flower beds and updating and prepping them for planting now or in the spring! I have crocus and lilies and daffodils and irises and tulips to put in this fall! I love flowers and can't wait for the gardens to spring to life again!

I am also anxious to get my veggie garden planned (and the fruit that I want to put in). I have to get the location prepped and staked and then have someone come down and till it for me! Honey has been working hard on getting the compost bin up and running and discovered a rhubarb plant and asparagus too! Woot woot! And my Daddy left me all of my Mama's canning jars in the basement so you know what I will be doing next time at this year! Corn, green beans, peas, carrots, onions, cucumbers, pumpkins, beets, and more. Planning on dill, chives,  peppermint, and other herbs as well. Putting in grapes, raspberries, strawberries and blackberries as I am able! And eventually apple and pear trees!! So many plans! What are your favorite fruits or veggies to plant and grow???

I am also working hard priming/painting at the new house. So far we have used 8 1/2 gallons of primer on 3 bedrooms and a hall! The colors were so dark! I would paint everything white or cream if I could! And I just might! LOL! I just painted my bedroom Marshmellow White yesterday, but I am thinking it is a bit too bright and may have to tone it down a bit! 

My mind is just flying with ideas in the craft department as well. It's like now that I know I will have my own place again, I am waking up! The trailer I live in now is so dark and depressing! It sucks all the energy out of me the minute I step foot through the door! My Dad's house (now MY house) is just the opposite. I worked for 10 hours straight both Sat. and Sun. painting and felt TERRIFIC! I have so many ideas!

The front porch will be red, white, and blue Americana, and the back porch will be pink, green and cream, antique-y flowery, lacey, girlie for sitting and having tea with my girlfriends! I can't WAIT! I have ideas to make, my creativity has been unleashed! Decorating ideas...Craft ideas....Happy ideas...I'm so glad to be home!

Well back to work here! Planning on posting the "before" pictures later tonight!

God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you back!!! Anxious to watch your progress and follow your reports!!! And can't wait for tea on the back porch!!! I love you...and I miss you tons! <3.

    ReplyDelete

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila