All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Thankfulness - Gratefulness - For All That Is Today...

I read Ann Voskamp's Book One Thousand Gifts a year ago and absolutely fell in love with it.(You can find it here...One Thousand Gifts ) I really love her style of writing and her way of making me see things in a different, more grateful light. I followed her blog for quite some time and have even given her book as a gift because I loved it so very much.

Then came the "Lull". That time in my life where all things spiritual, internal and good ceased or were put on hold and I went into pure survival mode. I lost my way, I lost my footing and I lost my essence. It is now that I am trying to find my way back. I am looking to find the person that I once was, full of those things I once treasured, spirituality, creativity, patience, thankfulness and gratefulness.

I need to learn to be Thankful and Grateful again. There was a time when I looked at everything with a grateful heart and could feel the Lover of my soul moving in me, in my heart, turning it, molding it and making it into what He wanted me to be. I want to be there again.

So during this, my "Revival", I have turned back to Ann (and other Sisters in Faith) for guidence, uplifting and prayer, to remind me to be Thankful and to be Grateful for what is, this very moment. This moment in time when things may not seem to be what I want, but are moving more in a direction of where they need to go to get me there.

So while I started one a while ago, I am revisiting my own One Thousand Gifts list...Starting back at one, at the beginning, I've come back to where I need to be...

#1 The Lord blesses me every day with breathe to live and food to survive and shelter to stay warm and dry.

#2  I have been given the two greatest gifts that could ever be placed on my heart, my Cookie Monster and my Princess Pea

#3  The sky is a beautiful robin's egg blue and I have wonderous eyes to see it with.

#4  A beatuiful paperweight filled with deep red blown glass, ever spiraling, reaching for the peak, a birthday gift, humbly given by the hand of the oldest child

#5  Moving to the home of my childhood, memories rushing in, soul settling down. I am home.....

#6  While I may not forget, I am able to forgive

#7  Sticky counters, the aftermath of a baking frenzy of Princess Pea

#8  A family separated by miles, connected by souls

#9  A chance to continue my education, in a way that is most beneficial and convenient for me.

#10  An employer who sees the big picture and accepts me for who I am and the talents I bring.

A start, to count my blessings, to be grateful for the things taken for granted. May God Bless and Keep each and every one of you....

Love
Sheila


1 comment:

  1. YOU are a gift. Thank you, once again, for sharing your heart...and your beautiful voice. You are getting there. Just keep going.
    Much much much love.

    ReplyDelete

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila