All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Thursday, September 27, 2012

New Clothes

Last night I went shopping for some clothes for work. I haven't needed office attire for several years and my closet is looking rather bare for something to wear in the cooler autumn weather. I found a beautiful plum colored sweater set at my favorite store and a gorgeous, soft scarf to match. I spent quite a bit of money on it and decided to wear it to work today.

The minute I put it on, I felt it; that deep seated confidence a woman feels when she loves what she is wearing and it makes her feel beautiful! This simple sweater set and scarf makes me feel pretty! As I was sitting at my desk smiling, I realized people where noticing! My boss, my co-workers, the janitors, all smiled back and said hi. Some even stopped for a bit of a chat.

Now I am not an unfriendly sort.  I smile, I laugh, and I like to visit, but there was something about today that  pushed it over the top.  It was the way I felt on the inside and it got me thinking.

If a simple set of clothes can make people notice how I feel, imagine what would happen if I let my love for Jesus and the relationship I have with Him, shine through as well. Would people notice that too? I believe they would!

If i clothe myself in the words of the Lord, letting them seep and settle into my soul, would they shine back out at the world?

Just a note on what I  am learning on this wonderful journey!

God's Blessings on you all....

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila