All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Deer Camp

So, a long long time ago, my dear Mama started a tradition called "Deer Camp". It includes the family gathering on Friday night, playing games, listening to music, and reliving stories of Hunting Seasons gone by. When my Mama passed away, and I moved into her house, the tradition fell to me.

So this past Friday night, we opened our doors and welcomed the family home for the weekend. Most actually live close, but it does my heart such good to see them gathered together, bonding and sharing the excitement that is Deer Camp.

There was much laughter, a lot of food, and even a few deer!

My Godson and the deer he got with his bow

The buck one of my nephews got with his bow

My nephew and his buck

My niece and her doe! We are calling her Annie Oakley because this was a kill shot at 350 yards!

Princess Pea got to go hunting for the first time this year! 

My niece, Princess Pea and my brother heading out after lunch 
My brother and the doe he shot with the muzzleloader! 

I know that there are many people out there who do not believe in hunting or feel that hunting is murder. I am very sorry you feel that way. For me and my family hunting is a way to put food in our freezers. With the high cost of everything these days, every little bit helps. Venison is tasty and healthy and has no preservatives. It can be used the same way beef can and for the cost of a license, you have a lot of meat for a little price. Also, it is a great way to bond with the younger generation and teach them the survivalist/homesteading skills I believe they will need in the future. As you can see, even our girls hunt, and not only with guns, but with bows as well. Anyway, enough of my rant.  

Deer Camp was a success this year and hunting was safe. I am so grateful that this tradition continues to live on in our family and we have another generation that take it forward.  

I am really tired tonight. I am trying to write a little every day. I can't guarantee that I will be able to post every day, but I am going to try. I miss connecting with all of you and recording my family's day to day activities. 

By God's Grace, I will see you all tomorrow....


No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila