All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Deer Camp

Sunday evening and time to start winding down after a busy weekend of family and deer camp. Blaze Orange has been the color of most family Members this Weekend and we have 2 beautiful bucks and 2 doe hanging in the tree to show for the early mornings and hours sitting in the tree stand.
 
Friday, Princess had a close friend over for a slumber party. There was a fashion show, a Card game and a lot of laughter!  I love listening to them chatter and giggle. It brings back the days of my childhood.
 
Princess Pea and M- playing cards
My niece hiking in the woods
My nephew with his 9-point buck
On Saturday we spent a lot of time up on the land ooohing and aaahing over deer and taking pictures. My nephew, R- only had one day to hunt and ended up shooting a really nice 9 point buck. It fell in some tough terrain with hills and rocks covered by wet slippery leaves. It was a dreary, drizzly day making for some treacherous hiking to try to haul it out.  Honey helped and ended up slipping and falling, sliding down the hill a ways. He is pretty banged up and bruised today.
Honey, R- and my brother SJ admiring the deer

Emma chewing on her bone - Silly Puppy
My brother EJ with his 7 point buck
Today Princess Pea and I went to church and she attended her confirmation class. Then it was time for some football! Packers VS. Vikings is a huge rivalry and of course between Cookie and I. And tonight is the Giants vs. Cowboys (Princess vs. Honey). Lots of good natured teasing. Miss Emma spent the day chewing on her bone and annoying poor Luna. Those pesky little sisters you know!

This evening my brothers will be here to process the deer. So grateful I have a family that pitches in and helps each other!

My friend Scott was able to stop in tonight for a quick visit. He lives in New Orleans and was home for a quick weekend of deer hunting with his family. It was so good to see him. Praying for his safe return home.
Homemade cookies for the hunters
I still have a bit to do this evening to prepare for the week ahead. Princess Pea only has school on Monday and Tuesday. She and Cookie Monster will go to their dad's on Tuesday to spend the holiday with him, so there is laundry and packing to do. The deer need to be processed and I should clean since we are hosting Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. Instead, I am sitting in my chair working on the pair of mittens I have on my knitting needles. I can't wait to finish them and show off my newest skill...MITTENS! :) I have always wanted to learn to make them. Thankful for my creative talent and my ability to read and learn on my own. Next up is mastering the art of making socks!

Off to bed now...God's blessings to you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila