All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Friday, November 28, 2014

A Week of Giving Thanks



Brr.....who turned down the thermostat? It is cold and blustery here, though thankfully the sun is shining. I so meant to get this post up over the weekend but a migraine came at me out of the blue
and knocked me on my keister for the weekend. Blah!


Snow outside my work office
 
It snowed last week. Only an inch or snow, but enough to remind us that winter is here once again. It makes me want to hibernate and plan my garden for next spring. I am such a dreamer. To me winter is a beautiful, magical time of year with warm fires, cozy blankets and cups of tea and cocoa. It means baking cookies, knitting, and reading or movies. All of course, as along as I can stay inside and watch the snow fall outside the window.  I believe I would make a fantastic hermit!
Honey and I have been working hard to get ready for Thanksgiving dinner. We will be hosting 8 total with several others coming later after visiting other relatives first.  I worked on pumpkin pies (though I did cheat on the crust this year) and found all my Mama's beautiful china dishes. I love bringing them out every year and running my fingers over them as memories rush through my mind. How many times I'd set the table with these exact dishes as my Mama cooked up feasts in the kitchen. Laying the silverware just so beside the blue and white plates. Making sure the napkins were straight and the crystal cut glasses were in just the right place. Taking pride in the fact that my Mama trusted me with her most beautiful dishes.
 
Honey worked so hard making all the wonderful foods that go along with Thanksgiving feasts. A turkey in the roaster, a crockpot full of mashed potatoes, meatballs and gravy and sweet potatoes. There were homemade rolls, rice and cherry salad, and fresh cranberry sauce. Delicious....so grateful he is such a fantastic cook! :) 
 
Unfortunately I was so swept up in the delicious food and visiting with family, I didn't take any pictures. My Aunt Lynda and Uncle Alan were here with their son Brian. They go to Florida for the winter and Brian lives about 4 hours away. We don't see any of them much and I guess I wanted to sit and visit rather than take pictures.  I was able to knit while we visited and was able to finish a pair of mittens intended as a gift for one of my adopted children.


 
There is so much to be thankful for. And even though I find myself feeling down in the dumps and fearful on the future, I am thankful for all my many blessings....my family, my friends, my home, my job, and My God.
 
God's blessings on all of you this Holiday and as we get ready to celebrate the Savior's Birth!
Happy Thanksgiving...

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila