All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Handmade Gifts...

I am sure many of you are aware of the chain statuses that hit facebook from time to time. You know the ones, its daughter's week, its son's week, copy and paste this if....well I see a new one hit this week and its one I have decided to participate in.  I don't do the Farmville, or Cityville or what ever other "Ville's" they are working on this week. I think they are silly and a waste of my time. This one, however, was so different it just caught my eye.

The post goes something like..."Pay it forward 2011- I promise to send something homemade to the first 5 people who comment on this status. In turn you must post this as your status and make the same promise. The rule is it must be homemade and it has to be given sometime in 2011."

I love homemade gifts. It doesn't matter if it is from a 4 year old or a 94 year old. The love that is put into the homemade gifts is the best in the world.I treasure every gift my kids make me in school and will treasure them for ever. Each one resides in a place of importance and prominence in my home until it is replaced by the newest treasure wrought by their hands. Then the older one is lovingly wrapped and put away for safe keeping. 


Some may call me a hoarder, but I don't think it has reached that drastic moniker just yet! I do love homemade...the Psyanky from my best friend for my daughter's birth, the quilt from my grandmother from when I was a child, the hand print pot holder from my daughter when she was in 2nd grade, the name plaque from my son. It is all treasured and held ever so dear...


So for this love of homemade, I will participate in this new and latest facebook fad. I already have the 5 people who commented and I have commented on a few. I can't wait to get started...my creative gene is calling me! And I can't wait to see what I get back! 


Since none of my winners visit me here (I don't think), I will post pictures of my progress. I do have a baby quilt to finish first and have all year to finish these...


I can't imagine a better way to start the new year and to work on one of my goals for the year "deepen my friendships and create new ones" than by giving the gift of love...


And with this, I want to leave you a thought..
God bless you all...


What I am Thankful For...
My  Children and the wonderful young people they are growing into
Sunshine after several dreary days
Hot Cocoa on a cold winter morning
Celebrations with friends
Reclaiming relationships


What/Who I am Praying for....
Jesus' love for me

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila