All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow, snow and more snow.....with a touch of gratefulness

I know I have nothing to complain about. Really, this winter has been relatively mild for a Wisconsin winter and I know there are places that have a LOT more snow than we have, but today, I am just sick of snow!

The first snow of the year is fun. I love to watch the kids laughing and playing in the snow, some for the very first time.The Christmas snow is beautiful too. To be inside where it is warm, snuggled in with loved ones watching the world outside turn into a huge snowglobe with the gigantic flakes floating down from the heavens. And even a blizzard can be a blessed event. See my previous post about the best weekend ever to see what I mean.

But these constant, every other day, 1 -2 inch things are absolutely pointless! They do nothing but mess up the roads and wreak havoc for everyone.They make travel difficult and mess up plans. They cause extra work and extra layers!

I keep trying to remember why it is that I choose to remain here in the Midwest where snow is a weekly (and at times, daily) occurance.

My roots run deep here, 5 generations worth and most of my family is still here. I can't imagine living someplace that the seasons don't change and I know that having winter makes the springtime all that sweeter, but right now, I am really sick of snow! 

I feel like a complete whiner today, so instead, I will try to focus on my gratefulness. I will remember those things that make me glad to be alive. The things that bring a smile to my face and bring the sun to my heart!

Today I am Thankful For:
My wonderful, beautiful children who make me laugh and smile every single day!
My beloved boyfriend, who loves me as no other has
My adored family, father, brothers,  sis-in-law, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins....
My best friends, with me for many years
Memories of my mother and grandmother
A warm house filled with love and laughter
Having a job, close to home


Those I am Praying For
All those dealing in one way or another with the many natural disasters affecting this world.
Everyone affected by the tragedy in Tuscon last Saturday
My children, that God hold their lives in His hands and direct their steps on the path of His choosing.
Safety, health and provision for all family and friends
Healing for my friend with depression.

And I leave  you with this thought...."Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever."  1 Chronicles 16:34

Love and peace to you my Dear Ones....

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila