All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Saddened Heart....Remembering Boston

I didn't have the heart to write last night about the horrible tragedy at the Boston Marathon yesterday. My heart was broken. As a Christian, I know that such evil exists in the world and will continue to persevere until our Lord and Savior returns for us. I also know that this type of devastation happens with all too much frequency in other parts of the world. But to have it happen here, in our homeland, in the very heart of our country on a day set aside to remember the patriots who helped form the very nation we live in is nearly unfathomable. I can only find my knees and bow my head in prayer for the victims, their families, the city of Boston, the first responders, police, healthcare workers, EMTs, and all who attempted to help in the aftermath. I pray for our country and our leaders. And I pray for the person who caused this pain and chaos and their family. I can only find comfort in some of my favorite Bible Verses...and pray....

Tonight, remembering Boston...


 Christian, remember the goodness of God in the frost of adversity.
~ Charles Spurgeon
 
         
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
~ Isaiah 41:10
 
 

 For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
~ 2 Timothy 1:7

 
I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.
~ Psalm 34:4

         
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
~ Deuteronomy 31:6

         
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
~ 1 Peter 5:7

    
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
~ Joshua 1:9

   
“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
~ Matthew 6:34

        
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
~ Philippians 4:6-7

        
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.
~Psalm 56:3

        
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
~ John 14:27

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila