All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Canning

Hello! So, we are busy settling into our new house and it's finally looking more like a home. There are still boxes filling the basement and bits and pieces lying around, but for the most part, we are getting comfortable!

One of the things I was looking forward to most about having a house was being able to can, and put up food for the winter. In the trailer, I just didn't have the room to store anything. Here we have a basement and shelves to put things up.


So, last Saturday, I took a couple roasts I had and some potatoes a friend gave me and made two huge pots of beef vegetable soup. I ended up getting six quarts and four pints!  I am so excited with my first attempt!

 
Now tonight, Honey is busy making salsa. So far only 3 pints but it turned out fantastic!
 
 
 
 
I have 2 whole chickens in the freezer and 5lbs of hamburger just waiting in the freezer for this weekend. Chicken soup and Chili coming up! After that, we will have to see what the next experiment will be. Anyone have any good canning recipes to share???
 
Time to head off to get some other things done. I have a few projects up my sleeve that I will try to post soon!
 
God Bless!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila