All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Deer Camp

Hi Dear Friends...

This weekend is the opening weekend of gun deer season here in western Wisconsin. It has been tradition in our family that all (or most of) the hunters stayed at my mom and dad's house the night before opening day. Then mom would get up and make them a huge breakfast at 5 AM for the first day of the hunt. She always had eggs, bacon, sausage, hashbrowns, toast, OJ, and coffee. Some years she even went for pancakes!

Since mom has been gone, my dad has tried to continue the tradition, however, between he and his new wife smoking in the house and the fact that she doesn't appreciate deer camp or the traditions associated with it, it didn't last long.

Last year my sister-in-law did it, but they have a very small house and it was pretty cramped. The hunting party consists of my dad, my three brothers, three nephews, two nieces and my son, so 10 in all.

This year, with us living in my folk's house, it was decided that deer camp would be here! I was so excited! Honey agreed to help with the cooking (he is much better at it than I am and an early riser). I am so thankful that he is so open and accepting of my family and encourages our traditions.

The family gathered Friday night for pizza, chips and soda. The hunting stories were flying and soon they were all singing the "Thurdy Point Buck" at the top of their lungs. If you haven't heard the song, check it out here!

My oldest brother and his two sons stayed here for the weekend. The rest came and went for lunch and dinner and then breakfast and lunch again today. It was great to feel the warmth and camradarie they all share and to have a hand in carrying on the tradition my wonderful Mama started many years ago! I was told many times over the weekend how much they all appreciated it!

Here are some pictures of the fun!
Looking at pictures from the deer cam on the computer

Cousins having fun
Silly Princess Pea!

Mapping out the strategy...so serious!
 
Hunting Stories
Princess Pea and her Bestie

Opening day breakfast!


Monkey Pile!
The Technology Generation!


The first two deer!

Cookie Monster's Doe - Meat in the Freezer

Teaching Grandpa to Text







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila