All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Time Flies!!!

First of a new month again already! The turning of a calendar and another month is gone, never to return. Why is it that the older we get, the faster time goes? It feels as though school just started and yet here we are past Halloween already! (OK, only by a couple days, but it IS over!) I am definitely not OK with how quickly my life is going by. It feels like it was just yesterday that my babies were mere toddlers and now here I am staring a graduation from high school in the face.


I want to take time with both hands and just stop it. I want t scream at it to slow down to shift into revers, let me stop spinning! I want to catch my breath before my baby girl gets married. I want to have more time with my babies before they start bringing home theirs. I want to savor every moment, to taste and sell and hear and touch every single thing that makes up life. I want to relish every God-given joy that comes my way. I want to dance and sing and laugh like no one's watching. And even if they are, WHO CARES!

I don't want to go to my grave regretting what I did, or even worse, what I DIDN'T do. When I am old and gray and sitting in my rocking chair, I want to have wonderful stories to tell my grandchildren. And better yet, I want to give my children and grandchildren stories of their own to share! "Remember the time we...." Fill in the blank with anything and everything you can imagine.

Time goes so fast! It flies, it speeds, it zings right past you and if you don't grab it, slow it down, take a breath, it will be gone before you have a chance to blink. And I don't want to miss a second of it. It's the only one I have!

 
So, my darling friends, my advice to you today, is to dance in the rain, jump in the leaves, bake cookies, tickle your children, cover your spouse and family with love, kisses, hugs, and prayers. Soak in every glorious moment and when you bow your head at night, thank Him for every love soaked, God-given treasure of the day! What a joyful way to live, and maybe, just maybe, if we are very lucky, time will slow for just a bit!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila