All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Senior Year


So this is my sons Senior Year of high school. I must say, I am really having a hard time with this. he is my first born and now everything he is doing is his last - last Homecoming, last pep session, last parade, last band concert, last everything. I am so sad that his high school years are coming to an end. While I know he will be an incredible adult and go far in life, I am sad that he isn't a little boy any more and that I don't have more time with him!
Senior Picture

Homecoming




Best Buddies!

Last night we attended his Honor's Band Concert. Here in Western Wisconsin, a group of band directors got together about 25 years ago and formed a group called Western Wisconsin Honor's Band. The directors pick the best musicians from their band and send them for one day to a seminar/workshop given by college level conductors, musicians and composer. They they perform a concert for the public of the music they worked on. They get the music 2 weeks in advance of the workshop but only come together for the one day to work together on it.
Honor's Band

They have both a Middle School band and a High School band and it never ceases to amaze me at how GOOD they are at playing the music in such a short period of time! I am so proud of them all! They are such incredible kids! Some of them are nominated numerous times (Including my Cookie Monster!!) He was actually nominated in both 7th and 8th grade and again as both a Junior and Senior in High School! What an honor to be thought so highly of by his director!
Last Oktoberfest Parade

Anyway, the concert was wonderful and I will definitely miss seeing my son play! It will be so hard to see him move on to the next phase of his life. He will be taking the ASVAB test in December and then talking to a recruiter about joining the Air Force Reserve or the Air National Guard. Either, way, he will leave for basic training next summer. It will only be part time, but it is all he has talked about for the last 2 years. It will be difficult to let him go, but I am so proud of the choice he has made to serve his country!

In the meantime, I will enjoy every single thing he does, take lots of pictures, and make lots of memories. I am so very proud to be able to call him my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila