All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring!

Well today is Wednesday and the sun is shining and the weatherman said it is supposed to be over 50 degrees today! And they are NEVER wrong right??? Ha ha! But in any case, just the sun streaming through the windows of my office is cause for my heart to soar and my spirits to lift tremendously!

I am dreaming of gardens today. I am making a trip to Home Depot or Menards this weekend to purchase the necessary supplies for my new, well, reclaimed flower/herb bed! I am so excited! I am getting the borders and dirt to go in it and my brother is coming to help me rip out old shrubs and bushes! I can't wait to see how it look and to start planting all the flowers and herbs in it! I will be adding bird feeders, wind chimes, chairs/benches, making my yard a welcome place for all!

Later this spring I am also purchasing a wooden shed from the Amish that live close to us. My dad has a large one and it looks so nice and the construction is top-notch! I won't need one as large as my dad's, but I am looking forward to the additional storage it will offer. I can really clean some things out of my house then. Seasonal items like fans and Christmas tree stands. Gardening tools, charcoal and lighter fluid and air compressors call all be moved out there, freeing up my laundry room to be just that, a laundry room. Once all of that is out of the laundry room, I am also going to re-purpose part of it into a pantry for large cooking items (lefse griddle, extra crock pot, etc...) and for my store of food and household items (the laundry room, not the shed hee hee)

This spring is really making me feel hopeful. I feel that I can actually do some of the things I have been wanting to do but haven't had the money. I will post pictures, before and after, so you can all see the progress I have made!  I'm so excited!

Who I am praying for: 
Jordan....may his wounds, both inside and out, continue to heal with God's loving touch...
My children unceasingly - (all of them, birth, step in the making, adopted)
Honey...as he goes through his day
Family and friends, flung far and wide.
Our government, the day after election day, that God has a hand in all they decide
The people of Japan as they recover and rebuild. For those that mourn, may God make Himself known and give them peace in their grief.

What I am Thankful for Today:
Sunshine
Dreams of gardens
Multi-colored pens, pink, purple, aqua, they just make my heart smile!
Reconnecting with loved ones and rebuilding relationships.
Friends of my teenager, asking to come to my house because they miss their "adopted" mom
Promises of tulips sprouting soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila