All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Monday, April 4, 2011

Memories of Grandma

Hello Friends...I am feeling very melancholy today. I am missing my grandmother a great deal. She passed on a little over 3 years ago and I find that I miss her as much, if not more, today than I did the day she died. It doesn't take much to bring back memories of her, she was a very large part of my family all of my life. I saw her nearly every weekend and spent countless hours talking with her about many things.

Today I was looking through some websites for some canning recipes. My landlord has agreed to let me have a "small" garden this year and I am planning on taking advantage of that as much as I can, growing food for my small family and putting it up for next winter.

Well in my "surfing", I came across a recipe for apple sauce. One of my very favorite memories of my grandmother is of her and I, sitting at my kitchen table, peeling apples for my very first batch of homemade applesauce. She peeled, I cooked and canned and the whole time we talked. She gave instructions, showing me how to wipe the jars before putting on the lids. It was my first attempt at canning and I am so thankful I got to experience it with her.

I know that I will always miss my grandmother, but I also know that every time I make homemade apple sauce to can I will think of her....

Grandma Olive and Princess Pea




No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila