All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Real Solutions -


 

In 2014, I made New Year's Resolutions. I made a list and diligently followed it, crossed things off, made the plans (on paper at least) to accomplish many of the items I thought important for the new year. I attacked my resolutions the same way I do just about everything else in my life...make a list and cross them off. The only thing wrong with this plan was, well, there was no plan, just a list.

This year I am approaching the new year with a new thought process. Instead of "Resolutions", I will be finding "Real Solutions".  There will still be the "list"... I mean I have to know what I'm tackling right? But instead of just making the list and crossing things off as they are completed, I'm actually making a "Plan". I have a created a notebook with my resolutions listed on the first page. Each resolution is very specific. Instead of "lose weight" I have listed a specific number of pounds I would like to lose. Instead of "get out of debt" I have listed "pay of this credit card by X date". 
There are big goals on the list (like the credit card one) and there are small ones, and the list is quite long (I am ambitious, what can I say).

Now I am in the process of listing the steps that each "resolution" will need to be accomplished.  By making this plan, I am hoping that I will be able to stick with my goals and actually accomplish them.

Just having this list and the steps necessary to make them happen really lightens the stress load. Having a plan always helps. Rather than floating through life hoping things go well, I am taking charge and moving in a forward direction. This project (making a Real Solutions List for 2015) takes a lot of dreaming, thinking, planning, and prioritizing. Some items can not be realized until others are complete.

So, with that being said...here are the Top 10 of my list for 2015. There are more, but much too personal for here as are the steps I am taking for each. If you have any questions or need a cheer leader to help you meet your goals, let me know. I would love to help! :)

TOP TEN:

1. Pay off all my credit cards by June 30th.
2. Lose 30 lbs.
3. Find a job that pays enough to be independent financially (at least $15.00 per hour).
4. Organize the basement into a workshop
5. Hold a sale that will remove all excess items from the house. After the sale, donate all that is left to charity rather than returning it to storage in the house.
6. Put $1,378 into savings using the 52 Week Money Saving Challenge
7. Write every day, either blogging, creative writing, or just jotting down thoughts.
8. Read 2 books a month (minimum).
9. Travel to somewhere I have never been
10. Read God's Word Daily

 

1 comment:

  1. This is brilliant! I love it, and I love YOU! Always in your corner.....and cheering you on from here! You got this!

    ReplyDelete

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila