All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tuesday Musings


 
 
It's a cold Tuesday here! Negative 7 on the way to work, without wind chill. My poor Jeep did NOT want to warm up at all! I warmed my rice bag up and sat on it all the way in! Hee hee... It is up to 3 above now, but still chilly....Brrrr! I want to be home with my cocoa, fuzzy slippers and cozy blankie reading on my couch. Just seems a day to hibernate. We got some snow last night too (no more than 2 inches) so it finally looks like winter here. I suppose the rest of the season will alternate cold - snow - cold - snow...welcome to winter in Wisconsin. I am just so thankful it didn't truly begin until after the new year. There have been many years winter weather comes in November and doesn't leave until May. This year we will have a much shorter winter!


I know I am supposed to be working, but it is quiet again here today, with all the workers out or catching up from the holidays so I can fly through my to-do pile and then maybe jump into the new book I grabbed off the shelf. Today it is Labyrinth by Kate Mosse. It's been on my shelf for a bit and I am looking forward to diving in. I am guaranteed a book full of "modern conspiracy and medieval passion", according to the back cover. Sounds like my kind of book! :)

So Cookie Monster let me know last night that his rental application for the house in town has been accept and he will officially be moving out. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Part of my wants to scream "Wait! You aren't ready! There is still so much to teach you!" The other part of me knows that it is his time and that he needs to learn some lessons on his own. Sigh...the ups and downs of parenting.  How do you just cut the ties and let them go? Prayer...that is the only answer I have!

Tonight I need to take down the Christmas tree and lights. Yesterday was Twelfthnight, officially ending the 12 days of Christmas and the holiday season. While I am glad it is over, I do miss the magic and wonder it brings.

I am also working on some new knitting projects. I am so excited about this mug holder. It is knit in a fair isle pattern and it is the first time I have ever worked a 2 color pattern! Next step...socks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila