All You Need to Know About Me Here....

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Thursday Goings On


Today is another frigid day here in Western Wisconsin! My Jeep showed -3 degrees on the way to work! Of course that is not counting in the wind! Gusts are making the windchill as cold as -25 below zero or more. Brrr....just makes me want to hibernate. If I didn't love living here so very much and have all my family roots here, I would seriously think about moving. But then I'm sure I would miss it!
As cold as it is, we are looking for things to do inside. Since we cut back on Christmas this year and didn't get cards out, I sat down and wrote a couple notes to some special friends. I have a friend going through a particularly bad time right now and knew she could use a lift. In hers I included a few post it notes with inspiring quotes or thoughts for her to hang up around her home or office. I sure hope it helps. I hate to see my friends hurting.
 
I also took the time to start some lists...grocery lists, cleaning tasks, blogging ideas and some books I'd like to check into. If I don't write it down, I forget. How frustrating!
 
 
When I got home, Honey hooked the Wii back up and Princess Pea and her friend A- hung out and played for awhile. I took them on in a round of Just Dance and then on to Mario Kart! Oh we laughed and giggled! What a great way to spend a cold winter evening! :)
 
Of course Princess Pea won nearly every round (she has LOTS of practice). But A- and I took it all in stride. Nothing like a good giggle when your Mario Kart character goes flying off the edge of a cliff!
 
Even the puppies were relaxing last night. Luna curled up in her chair while Emma made herself at home on the floor! They are such silly girls. We did go outside to play for a bit when I got home, but the cold and wind made it near impossible for us to stay out long.
 
 
 
Of course there is always housework and laundry to do. Looks like there is a basket of towels waiting for me when I get home tonight. Sigh...does it ever end?  And of course tonight will likely feature more of the same! And I will be working on some projects to take down to my friend's consignment craft store. She takes just about everything I make! Before Christmas I was selling rice warming bags there. These are fabric sewing together filled with rice and essential oils that you can put in the microwave to warm. Then you put them on achy muscles, menstrual cramps, or for warming your feet at night. I even use mine on the seat of the Jeep on extra cold days! Makes for a much warmer ride into work! I made some mini ones for Princess Pea to put in her pockets at the bus stop. She loves them! Anyway, the store is having another sale in February so I need to restock!

Well, hopefully the weather starts cooperating more here soon. Though, now we are to get snow again today! In the meantime, we are keeping busy with our indoor projects and dreaming of gardens and spring, just around the corner! :) God's Blessings to you all my dear friends!
  

2 comments:

  1. Well look at this! I came across another Wisconsinite! We live 3 hours northwest of you. I love Westby and want to retire there someday. My husband's cousin lives there. He has a blog, Westby Remembered. You live in the most beautiful part of Wisconsin, although the NW is pretty beautiful too. I'll be your newest follower. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute kid and dog pics, BTW. That blog was Westbyhistory.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

God's many blessings on you!
Sheila